Monday 16 May 2011

Say Goodbye to post run Recuperation

If you're like I was in my early years running, (before I learnt the chi running technique) no doubt you've experienced some aches and pains in your legs after a run and the reason for this is you are power running and what I mean by that is, your constantly pushing with your leg muscles.  Since I've been chi running, those days are long gone!

Once I started chi running I noticed the post run aches and pains disappeared and the days following a long run my legs felt great.  When I take a break from running to focus on my Chi Walking I notice that I don't need any recuperation time when I go back running, its fantastic!

With the chi technique you do body looseners before a run, start jogging in first gear i.e. slow warm up pace and then move up the gears accordingly. At the end of a run I move back down to first gear to cool down, work down to a chi walk and then do your cool down stretches. The next day you'll feel great and won't even feel like you've been out on a long run the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment