Survey Conducted by Dr. Mark Cucuzzella, in conjunction with WVU
- 91% said they would recommend ChiRunning to other runners.
- 95% said their ease of running has improved.
- 91% feel ChiRunning has played a role in preventing running injuries.
- 90% said they were probably or definitely able to change their running mechanics with ChiRunning.
- 61% said they were a heel striker before practicing ChiRunning whereas 71% said they were a mid-foot striker after practicing ChiRunning.
- 60% said they were able to make noticeable corrections in less than a month, 31% said immediately.
- 54% had an injury and 88% with an injury said ChiRunning probably or definitely helped them recover.
- 45% said their perceived exertion/discomfort before ChiRunning was very hard or hard – then less than 5% said their perceived exertion/discomfort was hard or very hard after practicing ChiRunning.
- 69% felt their speed improved with ChiRunning.
- Number of missed running days due to injury dropped dramatically: 40% had missed more than 10 days prior to ChiRunning, after ChiRunning that number dropped to less than 12%. Prior to ChiRunning 31% had no missed days, after ChiRunning 61% had no missed days due to injury.
To go to the ChiLiving website for full details of the survey click here