Friday 13 May 2011

Wheatgrass juiced is the optimal energiser!

Wheatgrass juice has become increasingly popular and for many good reasons...


  • Its one of the richest sources of chlorophyll.
  • Contains over a hundred vitamins and minerals and is considered a complete food.
  • Drinking wheatgrass juice helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every cell.
  • It is a powerful cleanser and booster of the immune system.
  • It is one of the most direct and highly concentrated forms of the sun's energy and when made into juice is the optimal energiser.
  • Its also very beneficial for those wishing to lose weight as it is recognized as real food by your cells.


I started juicing wheatgrass back in January this year as I felt I needed a boost to my system after the long winter and I have to say I immediately felt the benefit of taking it. You juice enough to fill 20-30 floz measure which is similar to a shot glass and take that once a day.  For added benefit its best to take it first thing in the morning before you eat anything and if possible don't take anything for about 15 minutes to let it work into your system. 


The taste of wheatgrass is quite sweet, but I don't mind that. If you find it too sweet you can put a little fresh lemon juice in to it to reduce the sweetness.


If you're wondering where to get some I get it from http://www.livinggreen.ie/ where you pay for a months supply and they post you a fresh bag weekly. As far as I know they supply some stores in Dublin as well. In Cork I have found some of the Farmers Markets have stalls supplying it also, but you need to get there early!






No comments:

Post a Comment