Friday 10 June 2011

Juicing Wheatgrass & other Fruit & Veg as a great energy source



For those of you who have shown interest in the wheatgrass just to suggest to you find someone with a juicer and buy some wheatgrass and juice 30mls and test it out. If you like it then buy yourself a small manual juicer if you think thats all your going to use the juicer for as opposed to juicing other fruit and veg. The reason I say this is juiced wheatgrass isn't to everyones taste. But don't forget if it's too sweet for you just add a squeeze of lemon. Just to let you know I tried the wheatgrass from the bottle in a juice bar and it doesn't really taste the same as the fresh on the spot juiced wheatgrass.

Here's a lovely juice although it might look a little scary at first:

100gm (2 generous handfuls) fresh Spinach leaves
100gm (1 thick slice) fresh Pineapple - remove the outer skin
1 medium green apple with skin

Juice the above in your electric juicer and it will give you a delicious (green frothy looking) juice and just stir before you drink. I offered my mother some last week and when she saw it she said I'll just have a tiny taste. Meanwhile I drank the rest and she came back asking for more! So don't let the look of it put you off, it really is delicious.

If you're considering buying an electric juicer I can recommend the one I bought which is the Lexen Juicer 6-in-1 multipurpose juice extractor. I did some research and found this to be the best for my price range. I use it every day and so far 6 months later all is good and its quick and easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment