Sunday 7 October 2012

Flat, graduals and hills - vary your training route

Over the past two weeks I've been running on a track to get some exercise before going to night classes and I've noticed a considerable improvement in my time on the track compared to my usual running route which is seriously hilly. Now I knew this would be the case but not by as much as the time I dropped. This is why it's important to vary your training routes as most races have hills throughout them and if you're not used to running up and down hills you're going to be disappointed with your time.

So out of your 5 day training aim for 1-2 track/flat, 1-2 middle flat/gradual hills and 1 with some serious hills, that way you can work on your technique on the flat and gain experience on the hills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment