Friday 10 February 2012

Walking & Running is so Therapeutic

A couple of weeks back I nearly broke my thumb, as a result I injured my hand quite badly. Since then I haven't been feeling well enough to get out walking or running which made me quite deflated as I'm used to regular weekly exercise.

After another visit to the doctors and another appointment for the fracture clinic, I came home in lousy form at the prospect of a longer than expected recuperation period. I was not a happy bunny!

But you know what, I put on my walking gear and decided to head out for a walk, injured hand or not and I enjoyed a lovely fast paced 3 mile walk returning refreshed, clear minded, lighthearted and upbeat! I think its just amazing how a walk or run can be so therapeutic, not only is it good for keeping fit, trim and healthy, it's just fantastic for our mental health too. 

So don't let an injury like mine get you down, if you can get out there and walk or do a slow jog, do it and feel all the better for it. And to top it all off, my hand feels better because while I was walking I was pumping my blood around the body and improving the circulation in my hand which has been bad since the injury. So lets hope getting out there will help speed up the healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment