Monday 13 February 2012

Walking to lose weight

Not ready to jog or have no interest in jogging but want to get active, fit and lose weight?

Then come and learn the chi walking and FIT WALK training to shed those pounds and get you fit. You'll feel absolutely energised.

Years ago I used to be a regular walker but to my disappointment I never lost a pound, but then I realised why this was when I considered the level of intensity I was walking at.  Now I categorise walking on three levels of intensity...

1. the 'strolling walk' with pets, or catching up and spending quality time with family and friends.
2. the 'maintenance walk' where you go out for a walk to keep the body active and get your daily exercise to work off your daily calory intake. (This is what I was doing for years).
3. the 'Fit Walk' where you go out for a fitness walk (just like a jogger) working up to a good cardio work out and burning calories.

Now don't get me wrong, 1 & 2 above are great as you're keeping active, but if you really want to get fit and lose weight then number 3 is the way to go. The reason being that levels 1 & 2 keep you active and contribute to maintaining your weight but they won't necessarily help you lose weight (unless you're on a diet) because of their low level of intensity. However, level 3 is a high intensity walk which makes all the difference. In less than two months I dropped two sizes using this training without dieting.

As part of the chi walking workshops I teach participants how to FIT WALK.  Click here for workshop details.

No comments:

Post a Comment